NIR is dedicated to serving a variety of commercial properties with flat roofing, including small and large businesses in Joliet, Chicagoland, greater Milwaukee, Beloit, Madison, and Northwestern Indiana. From hotels to schools to top healthcare facilities to mom and pops, and more, we have your back. We also help a number of nonprofits who don't have the funding for major roof repairs or replacements. For more information about this, please visit our NIR Cares page.
Our Mobile Service Units are stocked to handle any flat roof on any visit. Whatever your building needs, NIR has the tools and the expertise to get the job done right. If you're unsure of where to start when considering your next roof job, explore our roof service FAQs for answers to any roofing questions you may have.
Frequently Asked Roofing Questions
Q: Can NIR Roof Care help me maintain my roof?
- A: Absolutely! We have Certified Roof Care Specialists® across the country that specialize in repairs, preventative maintenance and leak repairs on all types of roof systems. All roofs require periodic inspections and maintenance in order to perform as designed.
Q: My roof leaks. Do I need to have it replaced completely?
- A: Not necessarily. Leaks often result from flashings that come loose or a damaged roof system. We will replace only the wet areas, and the roofing over them, saving the cost of a complete tear-off. We also recommend a NIR Roof Care Plan® to maintain your roof. Having a NIR Roof Care Plan® will extend the current life of your roof by 100%.
Q: If my roof is at the end of its life cycle and starts to leak, is it necessary to tear off the whole roof and replace it?
- A: No, not necessarily. We do an infrared moisture scan to determine the extent of wet roofing and insulation.
Q: Is there a chance we will have water damage from rain after the roofing crew leaves our project for the night?
- A: No. Our crews only remove as much roofing as they are able to replace in one day. Your building is watertight at the end of each day.
Q: What are the advantages of a white roofing system?
- A: A white roof surface reflects sunlight, keeping it 20% cooler than a black roof. If lowering your cooling costs is a concern, then a white roof will help. Some larger cities like Chicago now require white roof surfaces to help offset heat generated by asphalt pavement. If you have roofing questions about your city's local ordinance when to comes to white roofing, don't hesitate to reach out.
Q: Can I do the work myself?
- A: Most work should not be done yourself. Professional roofing contractors are trained to safely and efficiently repair or replace roof systems. You will damage your roof system by using improper roofing techniques and severely injure yourself by falling off or through the roof. Additionally, doing the roofing work yourself can void your building's insurance.
Q: What is the best system for my flat roof?
- A: There is no one roof system that is best for all applications. Keep in mind that even if the best materials are used, an improper installation will still cause a leak. Good workmanship and proper attention to detail are just as important as material selection.
Q: How long can I expect my roof system to last?
- A: Most new roof systems are designed to provide useful service for about 20 years. Some roof system types, such as slate, clay tile and certain metal (e.g.: copper) systems last longer. Actual roof system lifespans are determined by a number of factors, including local climatic and environmental conditions, proper building and roof system design, material quality and suitability, proper application and adequate roof maintenance. We have several customers who have extended the lives of their roof well beyond the 20-year mark by having a NIR Roof Care plan. This is why we are so passionate about the care of your roof!
Q: If I purchase a roofing system from NIR Roof Care, Inc.®, is there a lag time from when I sign the contract and when the job starts?
- A: Usually we get started right away, weather permitting, and the down payment is in hand. The only lag would be waiting for permits and possible material shipment if it is a very large project.
Do You Have More Roofing Questions?
If our roofing service FAQs haven't addressed all of your concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with NIR Roof Care Inc.®. Our phone number is 1.800.221.ROOF. While you're here, take a moment to review all of our roofing services, and schedule for your free quote! If you need emergency repair services pronto, we can accommodate! We've served as a leading roof repair service in the Southwestern corridor of Lake Michigan since 1987 by offering exceptional service, low prices, and transparent business practices. Let us show you how simple the process of replacing, repairing, or maintaining your roof can be!