Adding a roof preventative maintenance program is a necessary investment when it comes to caring for your commercial flat roof. Regular care and inspections help increase the lifetime of your roof and cut down on emergency roof repair, ensuring that the money you spend in roof maintenance program costs helps you save money in the end. At NIR, our Certified Roof Care Specialists can provide you with a personalized roof inspection of your Chicagoland, Rockford, or Joliet property.
Roof Preventative Maintenance Benefits
Starting a roof preventative maintenance program ensures that your roof lasts as long as possible. Addressing minor issues before they become expensive problems is not only cost effective, but it also ensures the safety of your employees, your tenants, and your property.
What benefits are included with your roof maintenance program costs?
1: Lower repair costs
Every time your commercial roof needs repair, that’s more money out of your pocket. With a roof preventative maintenance program, not only do you reduce the number of repairs needed and avoid emergency roof repair, but you also reduce the cost of repairs. This is because your roof problems will be much less severe, and thus simpler and less expensive to fix.
2: Improve the life of the roof
Many consumer products are not designed to last, but the same shouldn’t be said about your commercial roof. You want your roof to last as long as possible, which is why preventative maintenance is crucial. No roof can handle unlimited repairs, and it won’t last forever either. With regular checkups, your roof will be kept in the best shape possible for the longest amount of time.
3: Increase value during resale
Say you’re looking to sell your property or pass it along to the next generation to continue your business. A roof in poor condition is a deal breaker! No one wants to buy or inherit a building with a leaky roof. Cosmetic issues with your roof will also turn away potential property buyers or customers looking to do business. How will you be able to take care of your customers if you can’t take care of your roof?
4: Increase safety while reducing insurance rate
An unsafe building will cost more for you to insure. When your building’s roof is damaged and leaky, it is dangerous for both employees and customers to inhabit. Being able to include roof preventative maintenance in your insurance claims is peace of mind you can’t afford to skip.
5: Improve efficiency
Think about how you take your car in for regular oil changes and tire rotations. These maintenance services are necessary to keep your vehicle running smoothly, and the same principle can be applied to your roof’s care. Without preventative maintenance, your roof won’t regulate temperature or protect everything inside.
6: Reduce service and repair time
Every time you go to the store to buy groceries, you know where everything is because you’ve shopped there many times before. With regular maintenance inspections, your Roof Care Specialist® knows what to look for and will become familiar with your roof’s layout and unique needs. This cuts down on the time needed to service your roof to allow you to get back to making money.
Commercial Roofing Repairs in Chicagoland
Repairing a commercial roof in Chicago or Crystal Lake requires extra care and attention to detail. Since commercial rooftops have a larger square footage than residential roofs and are mostly flat, special consideration must be given to water spots, the weight of equipment, and roofing materials.
If one of our Certified Roof Care Specialists determines that your roof needs repair or maintenance, we’ll show you the affected areas and discuss a plan with you to get the repairs done quickly. We can repair:
- Damaged Roofing Materials: The NIR Certified Roof Care Specialists will inspect your roof for any cracked, torn, or broken roofing materials. If we’ve identified a problem area we will inspect your roof to see if there is further damage and then replace it with the same or similar roofing materials.
- Damaged Flashing: Flashing is a thin material (usually metal) that is placed around areas where the plane of your roof meets a vertical object. If your flashing is cracked or damaged we’ll replace it for you and inspect the area to ensure that there is no further damage.
- Deteriorating Vent Booting: Roof vents look like small pipes that protrude from your commercial rooftop. They’re used to vent out excess moisture to prevent mold and decay. Over time the booting seal will decay and crack, when that happens our team will replace the booting so your building stays mold free.
- Water Spots: Commercial roofs are susceptible to water pools from rain and snow. If your roof is damaged by water spots, we’ll replace that section to ensure the water damage doesn’t spread and your team or tenants stay safe.
- Gutters/Downspouts: Functioning gutters and downspouts are especially important for commercial rooftops. We’ll inspect each to ensure they’re attached properly and free of debris. If your gutters or downspouts are damaged, we can replace those as well.
- Leaks: If you suspect or have a leak in your roof, our team will inspect the area and perform a flood test to identify it. Once we’ve found the affected area, we’ll check for water damage and make the necessary repairs to stop the leak at its source.
Trust NIR Roof Care With Your Roof Preventative Maintenance Program
Our roof program maintenance costs will save you tons of money in the future. Every NIR Roof Care Plan® covers all your bases to keep your roof healthy. What’s more, our services can double the remaining life of your roof, which saves you from having to get your roof replaced. Getting a quote or scheduling an inspection from NIR is easy. Just click here to fill out a request form and a representative will be in contact with you to show you how NIR can help. Be sure to check out our NIR Mobile® app as well!